The BFTA has today launched its new Code of Conduct
Our Code lays out the high standards to which all BFTA members are committed when conducting their businesses.
It is obligatory to sign and uphold the Code to become and remain a member of the BFTA.
And only then can a company claim to be a “Proud member of the BFTA”.
Our member’s Code of Conduct
- We believe that fur must always be produced in compliance with applicable local, regional, national and international laws and regulations governing animal welfare, social and environmental standards;
- We only source fur from legal entities and through legal processes;
- We are fully compliant with the principles and processes of Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES);
- We believe that independent science is the most effective basis for determining, measuring and monitoring animal welfare and fully support Welfur, the science-based animal welfare assessment programme and equivalent fur trade initiatives;
- We follow REACH, the European regulation that ensures the safe use of chemicals in all products entering the European market;
- We are committed to providing clear and concise information about our products and services so that consumers can make informed buying decisions.